We're sharing the 10 baking tools you need to create the perfect baked goods this holiday season!
by Amanda Walsh
Tap and hold image to save to your device
The holidays are the season of baking. Your usual kitchen tools might not cut it when it comes to the prospect of tackling your holiday baking list. Here are 12 holiday baking tools you will need for the holidays:
- Cupcake Corer: A cupcake corer is the perfect tool for creating delicious filled cupcakes for the holidays. You can use this tool to remove your cupcake centre and then use the plunger to insert fillings (OXO $6.99)
- Non-Stick Baking Mat: Forget fussing with parchment paper and cooking spray. This is the perfect thing to use for a number of baked goods to avoid sticky messes (DeMarle Silpat at Amazon $24.99).
- Wire Cooling Racks: Having an assortment of wire cooling racks will allow you to get an assembly line of cookies going. You can bake, cool and decorate far more efficiently with a lot of racks (William Sonoma Goldtouch Non-Stick Cooling Rack $14.95).
- Silicone Pie Crust Shell: Nothing is more frustrating than burning the delicate crust of your holiday pies. This shell allows you to keep the crust protected from the heat of the oven so it cooks more slowly and comes out golden brown (NorPro Silicone Pie Crust Shield, Amazon $5.65).
- Baking Scale: Ideally you can get yourself a digital scale, but an old school scale will work as well. Many of the new recipes you try out might use weights instead of measures and this will allow you to avoid having to find an online conversion chart in mid-bake (William Sonoma, Digital Touchless Tare Glass Scale $39.95).
- Non-Stick Oven Liner: Nothing makes a worse mess than a pie that has boiled over in the oven. Even if you have a self-cleaning oven this can lead to a smoky mess. A non-stick oven liner will make it easy to clean up if that pie of yours overflows. Just let it cool and the hardened fruit juice and sugar will peel right off (Fits-All oven Liner, William Sonoma $26.00).
- Kitchen Timer: When you are in the middle of a baking frenzy it can be difficult to leave the kitchen in fear you will miss hearing the timer. Get yourself a kitchen timer that you can pop in your pocket when you leave the room so you don’t have to worry (OXO Triple Timer, William Sonoma $19.95).
- Ice Cream Scoops: When you are making cookies and muffins you want to have everything nice and uniform. Scoops will allow you to choose a consistent size so everything will cook evenly (Piazza Ice Cream Scoops, William Sonoma, $26.00).
- Cake Tester: Look for a cake poker to insert in your cake to check for doneness. It beats the mess you make with a knife or fork and is long making it easier to reach the cake without burning yourself (Wilton Cake Tester, $3.99).
- Silicone Rolling Pin: A good quality pastry rolling pin will make it easier to roll out your dough without waste or frustration (Baker's Silicone Rolling Pin, William Sonoma $39.95).
- Cookie Cutters: Holiday shaped cookie cutters keep things festive in the kitchen (Holiday 3-in-1 Cookie Cutter Set, William Sonoma, $14.95).
- Sifter: A good quality sifter will keep things nice and light and also is great for dusting desserts with icing sugar or cocoa powder (Traditional Flour Sifter, William Sonoma $22.00)
These tools will make holiday baking a breeze not to mention make a nice little holiday gift to yourself.
→ Check out all of our holiday recipes and articles in our HOLIDAY 101 section!